Ispra’s main tourist attraction is the long development of the lakeshore. From the large erratic boulder of the “Cavalasc” of Ranco to the Palude Bozza on the border with Brebbia, the coast is almost entirely accessible and for long stretches it is served by a well-equipped pedestrian promenade.
From the town center, the lake does not immediately appear to the visitor, because large gardens separate it from the town. It is necessary to go down to the shore, through the road that leads to the port or along the paths that lap the parks of the villas. A suggestive staircase leads directly to the lake starting from the square behind the parish church. From the large car park in front of the cemetery, you can reach the square of the port by going down through the public park that surrounds the Castelbarco mausoleum.
Small ports, docking points for the boats that served the old lime kilns, piers and even private docks, can be found along the entire coast. The main access point for boats is the equipped area of the port, where there is also the docking point of the Navigazione Lago Maggiore, for boats and hydrofoils, active in the summer season.
The largest quay in the old port was built in 1868. With many subsequent works, the current dimensions of the two docks were reached, where about 100 boats are housed. A convenient launching point, served by a large slide is located in the Sassone area, at the end of Via Riviera.